Can’t miss a mug of coffee for day? Is coffee flavored ice cream not strong enough for you? Then this DIY Iced Coffee Popsicle from The View from Great Island
What You Need:
- 2 cups of strong coffee
- 1/2 to 1/3 cup heavy cream (plus extra for bottom of molds)
- sugar to taste
Note: Mix up about 2 1/4 cups of cold coffee with cream and sugar to your liking. You’ll need a little extra sweetened cream for the white tips of the pops.
What To Do:
- Set aside 1/3 cup of the cream and sweeten it with some sugar, stirring until dissolved completely. Pour a small amount of this sugared cream into the bottom of each mold (about 1/4″ to 1/2″ high).
- Freeze the mold until the cream is completely solid (should take about an hour).
- In a glass measuring cup, mix together coffee, additional cream and sugar (to taste). Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Refrigerate this mixture until it is chilled.
- Once chilled, pour coffee mixture into each mold, filling to the top of each mold. Cover the top of the mold with foil, then insert popsicle sticks into the centers of each popsicle.
- Freeze mold until popsicles are completely solid.
- Once frozen, fill your sink with hot water and submerge mold into the water (right up to, but not past, the top ledge). Do this for 15-30 seconds, or until popsicles slide out easily.
- Eat immediately or store by wrapping them individually in plastic baggies or waxed paper and placing them in the freezer.