You can maintain a good diet to make your tummy flat, but some of you cannot follow the diet rules due to the lack of will power. It is not always possible to control ourselves from not eating the delicious food. But no need to worry, here are some simple workouts that you can try at your home. So, it costs nothing to get a flat tummy!
1. Burpees/Squat Thrust
Burpees can burn calories and make you stronger. There is no need of any equipment for this workout.
- Stand with your feet about hip-width apart and squat to the floor, placing your hands on the floor in front of you.
- Now jump the feet out and come to a pushup position, on the hands and toes with the body in a straight line.
- Now jump the feet back to the start position.
- Continue jumping feet out and in for 30 to 60 seconds for 3 sets of 10 reps.
Crunches is a great exercise to reduce stomach and for building strong abdominal muscles. Anyone who wants to get flat tummy can perform this exercise.
- Lie flat on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor, hip-width apart.
- Place your hands either sides of your head, don’t lock your fingers or don’t pull your head up.
- Push a little of your back into the floor to engage the abdominals.
- Tilt your chin slightly. Leave a few inches space between your chin and chest.
- Now roll your shoulders off the floor.
- The gap between your shoulder and floor should be 4 inches and your lower back should remain always on the floor.
- Just be like that for a moment at the top and then move back down slowly.
- Do this 3 sets of 15 reps.
3. Hindu/Judo Push-up/Dive Bombers
This exercise also helps you flatten the tummy. If you are a beginner, you can perform the exercise by putting the knees on the floor and only the movement of the upper body is required.
- Put your hands flat on the floor. Maintain a distance shoulder’s width apart.
- Keep your back straight and extend your legs behind you forming the push-up position.
- Keep your feet wider than your shoulder’s width. Your body should be supported only by your toes and hands.
- Start position: Take your hands in the backward direction towards your feet. Maintain your arms straight. Now arch your chest and body in the forward direction so that your hips move down towards the floor.
- Final position: Now, when you reach the start position again, straight your arms and arch your back. Doing this pushes your torso in the upwards direction such that your chest is outwards and your sight should be in a direction above you.
- Do this exercise 3 sets of 12 reps.
4. Mountain Climbers/Alternating Knee-ins
Mountain climbers show effect on your abs. Try this exercise to flatten your tummy fast. You can do this at home without any equipment
- Place your hands flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart.
- Extend your torso and legs fully behind you with only your toes and balls of your feet touching the floor.
- Your body should be in a straight line. Your weight should be supported on your hands and toes only.
- Start with either leg. Flex your knee and hip at the same time to bring your knee up and then under your hip. You should keep the other leg extended completely.
- Now reverse the position of your legs by extending the leg back which is extended. And simultaneously flexing the straight leg until it is in the start position.
- Do this for 3 sets of 15 reps.
5. Jump Squat
You can do this exercise without equipment. Just follow the below steps and reduce your tummy size easily.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- First do a regular squat, later engage your core and jump up.
- When you land, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep.
- Do this exercise 3 sets of 15 reps
6. Lying Leg Lift
Lying leg lift offers many benefits along with flat tummy. Try it doing at home, this exercise also don’t need any equipment.
---- More DIY Ideas ----
- Use a bench if available. Let your legs hang off the edge that will increase your range of motion.
- Place your hands under your glutes with your palms facing down.
- Keep your legs straight and hold a dumbbell between your feet if your need added resistance.
- Slowly raise your legs perpendicular to the floor. Hold the contraction at the top for one second.
- Do this exercise for 3 sets of 15 reps.
7. Windshield Wipers
It is a core exercise and fun also. But it is not for beginners. Know here how to work on this exercise to flat your tummy. First it is needed to do cycling for several months to get your obliques strong.
- Swing left and right like a windshield wiper.
- In the start position only go for 45 degrees to each side. When you are strong and flexible you can go to 180 degrees range of motion.
- Now swing back and forth slowly.
- Do this exercise for 3 sets and 15 reps.
8. Superman / Extended Arms & Legs Lift
Superman can help you to reduce your tummy. It also strengthens your lower back. No equipment is required for this exercise also.
- Lie down your face on your stomach with arms and legs extended. Keep your neck in neutral position.
- Keeping your arms and legs straight and torso stationary, lift your arms and legs up towards the ceiling to form an elongated “U” shape with your body.
- Hold for 3 to 5 seconds and lower back down to one completely.
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
9. Leg Pull-In Knee-up
This exercise shows the effect on your tummy as well as on lower back. There is no need of equipment for this exercise. Try it!
- Lie down flat with your hands under buttocks.
- Keep your knees together and pull them in towards you and move your torso towards them. Also lift your neck, head, and shoulders up.
- Hold and then return to starting position.
- Do this exercise for 3 sets of 15 reps.
10. Side Plank
This exercise will reduce the size of your tummy and also it shows the effect on your lower back.
- Hold your whole body in a straight line with your elbow beneath your shoulders.
- Without letting your hips drop, hold in that position as long as you can.
- Repeat the same on the other side.
- Do this exercise for 3 sets of 30 reps.
11. Inchworm/Walk Out
Inchworm has many benefits for your fitness along with tummy reduction.
- Stand straight with your legs extended.
- Bend over from your hips and touch the floor with your palms flat on the floor.
- Keep your legs straight as you walk your hands as far forward. Don’t allow your hips sag.
- Take small steps and walk your feet to hands.
- Do this exercise 3 sets of 15 reps.
In 5 minutes of this daily exercise helps you to lose your tummy weight naturally.
- Get into a press-up position.
- Bend your elbows and rest your weight on your forearms.
- Your body should form a straight line from shoulders to ankles.
- Suck your belly button into your spine to engage your core.
- Hold in this position for a few seconds.
- Do this exercise 3 sets of 30 reps.
These are the best exercises that can help you to get flat tummy and you can have more benefits by doing these exercises regularly.