You can regrow many of your favorite foods from scraps in your house or garden and have a never ending readily available supply of organic fresh herbs, fruits and vegetables with these clever ideas! This can save you a bundle of bucks and grow healthy, organic foods for your family.
1. Romaine Lettuce: Put romaine lettuce stumps in a 1/2 inch of water. Re-water to keep water level at 1/2 inch. After a few days, roots and new leaves will appear and you can transplant it into soil (Via Fast, Cheap, and Good).
2. Celery: Cut off the base of the celery and place it in a saucer or shallow bowl of warm water in the sun. Leaves will begin to thicken and grow in the middle of the base, then transfer the celery to soil (Via 17 Apart).
---- More DIY Ideas ----
3. Scallions: Also called Green Onion. You can regrow scallions by leaving an inch attached to the roots and place them in a small glass with a little water in a well-lit room (Via: We are not Foodies).
4. Sweet Potato: Place the sweet potato in a jar of water while allowing a couple inches above water. Pull off the sprouts (When the sprouts are four to five inches long) and re-place them into jar of water for rooting before planting them into soil. (Via Home Joys).
5. Leek: (Via: A Life Enchanted)
6. Cilantro: The stems of cilantro will grown when placed in a glass of water. Once the roots are long enough, plant them in a pot in a well-lit room. You will have a full plant in a few months.