Toenail fungus is an infection that gets in through cracks in your nail or cuts in your skin. It can make your toenail change color or get thicker. It can also hurt. Because toes are often warm and damp, fungus grows well there. Different kinds of fungi and sometimes yeast affect different parts of the nail. Left untreated, an infection could spread to other toenails, skin, or even your fingernails.
A nail fungus causing thickened, brittle, crumbly, or ragged nails which make it unpleasant to wear sandals, high heels with naked feet. It may irritate you and your partners in life.
The first stage of fungal infection is white or yellow spots on the top of the nail. Over time it can change the color or shape of the nail. This occurrence may become very uncomfortable and painful.
Today we are going to share with you an easy and one of the cheapest home remedy to kill the fungi – A mixture made of baking soda (love baking soda, there are so many uses on beauty and health) and apple cider vinegar, because soda is not a fungicide, which means it will not kill the fungus, but it will prevent fungus’ spread and growth, while vinegar is used to kill the fungus.
---- More DIY Ideas ----
- 5 tablespoons of baking soda
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- Put the vinegar in a large bowl and soak your feet for 15 minutes or so.
- Dry your feet.
- Follow this by adding several tablespoons of baking soda to enough water to soak your feet in, and soak for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure twice a day. The vinegar will kill the fungus and the baking soda will prevent the growth and spreading.
You can read more ways to get rid of toenail fungus via everyday roots.