1. Baking Soda & Water
A little baking soda goes a long way for blackheads, but don’t overdo it, as it can seriously dry out your skin thanks to its saltiness. While pH may or may not have a role to play in blackheads, the biggest reason baking soda helps is because of it’s small, fine, granules that can work as a natural and inexpensive way to occasionally exfoliate and remove anything clogging your pores (and therefore causing blackheads.)
You will need:
- 1 part baking soda
- Fresh water
- Mix water with enough baking soda to form a thick, but spreadable, paste.
- Using a gentle circular motion, massage the paste into your skin.
- Rinse thoroughly with plain water, pat your face dry, and then make sure you moisturize.
2. Egg White Mask
---- More DIY Ideas ----
Egg whites form an easy mask that can be used to temporarily tighten pores, thus reducing chances of future blackheads, and will also remove current blackheads. Egg whites are also rich in nutrients for your skin, and are a little less drying than some other home remedies for blackheads.
You will need:
- 1 egg
- Facial tissue or toilet paper
- A small bowl
- A clean towel
- Separate the yolk from the white and rinse your face. Pat your face dry and then apply a thin layer of egg white over your skin.
- There are two ways to go from here:
- Place a strip of facial tissue or toilet paper over the wet egg white, being sure to press it onto your face gently. Allow the first layer to dry. Carefully apply a second layer of egg white over the tissue (try dipping your fingers in it and dabbing it on so the tissue doesn’t slide around a bunch. Let this layer dry as well before applying a third (optional.) When the mask is dry, your face may feel tight-this is supposed to happen. Peel the tissue off, and then gently wash your face to remove any residue. Pat dry and moisturize as usual.
- Alternatively, you can leave out the tissue and simply apply 3-5 layers of egg white, being sure to let each layer dry in between applications. If you do not let the layers dry, this will not work!
You can make an egg white mask to treat your pores. This mask will not only remove blackheads on your nose, but it will also stop possible future outbreaks. Abundant in nutrients, egg whites are great for your skin.
3. Cinnamon and Honey Strips:
Cinnamon and honey is a very powerful combination due to the high content of anti-bacterial agents in honey which guard against acne-causing bacteria. Plus, this treatment will remove anything clogging your pores. Cinnamon, on the other hand, stimulates circulation. In the end you will get radiant, healthy, smooth, and blackhead free skin.
- organic and raw honey;
- cinnamon powder;
- clean cotton strips.
- Mix the honey and the cinnamon together until you have enough paste to cover the affected area.
- Apply in a thin layer over the blackheads and then press a strip of clean cotton over it. Let it sit for 3-5 minutes before removing and rinsing your face. Don’t forget to follow up with a moisturizer!
Cleansing Sugar Scrub:
Sometimes, decent exfoliating and moisturizing is all you need. Exfoliating actually removes dead skin cells clogging your pores. Thus, you’ll get better circulation, along with radiant skin. Use jojoba oil as it is similar to the body’s own sebum. Except for jojoba oil, olive, grape seed or sweet almond oil are also recommended.
- 4 tbsp jojoba oil;
- 1 cup white or brown sugar;
- one airtight glass jar;
- some essential oil (optional).
- Stir the jojoba oil and sugar until they blend well.
- In case you like a fragrance, add some essential oil to it. A few drops will do.
- Put the mixture in a glass jar, storing it in a dark and cool place.
- Stir the mixture before applying it.
- Always apply it on a wet face.
- Massage your skin slowly in circular motions.
- Leave it on for half an hour.
- Wash it off with water.
- Apply some moisturizer.
Note: Don’t use this scrub for more than twice a week as it can lead to skin irritation.
Lemon Juice Scrub:
As lemon juice is abundant in certain vitamins and nutrients that are highly efficient against blackheads, this scrub is great for this skin issue.
- some lemon juice;
- some honey;
- some yogurt;
- a pinch of salt;
- rosewater or milk;
- a jar or a bowl.
- Mix the honey, yogurt, salt and lemon juice.
- Applying the mixture evenly, scrub the affected area on your skin.
- You can also make a facial cleanser by mixing rosewater or milk with lemon juice.
- Use this treatment every day, for up to 10-12 days.
It’s widely known that green tea is great for your health in so many different ways. Not only can it improve brain function, but it can also stimulate weight loss, reduce the risk of various types of cancer, lowers the risk of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s, improves dental health, and fight type 2 diabetes. Plus, green tea is amazing in treatment of blackheads.
- green tea leaves;
- a teaspoon;
- a soft towel or napkin;
- a bowl.
- Put dry green tea leaves in a bowl. One tablespoon should be enough.
- Pour some water to create a paste , rub this paste over the blackheads for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water, and Pat dry with a soft towel or napkin. This scrub is excellent for deep cleaning oily skin and unclogging pores.