This weave classy biscuit looks so delicate for an tea party. It is easy to make in the size of mug or cup cover, fun and detailed for an aesthetic result.
Ingredients you will need:
- 125g butter, softened;
- 1/2 cup caster sugar;
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract;
- 2 cups plain flour;
- 1 teaspoon baking powder;
- 1 tablespoon milk;
- 1 egg, at room temperature;
- a pinch of salt.
For the dough:
---- More DIY Ideas ----
- Beat butter, vanilla and sugar in a small bowl until pale and creamy, using an electric mixer.
- Add egg and mix until well combined.
- Put in baking powder and sift flour over butter mixture. Add in the milk and stir until combined.
For the biscuit weave:
- Stretch dough and cut in thin vertical strips.
- Fold every other strip in half
- Place a horizontal strip of dough over vertical ones in alternative. Bring the folded strips in position and fold the straight ones, then place a new horizontal strip over vertical ones
- Repeat the process.
- When finished with the first half, continue with the bottom.
- Cut out cookies with a glass/cup and shove them in the oven. Enjoy!
Image credit: eghiduri.