1. Microwave sponge for two minutes on high: This kills most of the germs and bacteria growing on it. This only works for nonmetallic sponges (via Penn State University).
2.Clean your toaster: Most people never clean this gadget, and maybe it’s because they don’t know how to. Click here to learn how.3. Clean your sink’s drain: Just look below. That’s what most people’s sinks look like. It’s time to clean it. Instructions here.
---- More DIY Ideas ----
6. Use fabric softener wipes to clean your baseboards (via Apartment Therapy).
7. Use waxed paper to prevent water spots and finger prints (via In This Crazy Life).
8. Secret to remove any carpet and mattress stain (via As We Grow Blog).
9. Still can’t remove carpet stains? Use an iron! Full instructions here.
10. Use a microfiber cloth to clean off lightbulbs (via Martha Stewart).
11. Remove toilet ring without scrubbing: Take a piece of Mr. Clean’s Magic Eraser, drop it in the toilet overnight, and you’ll wake up to no ring.
12. How to make your house smell like heaven: Put two caps full of vanilla extract in a coffee cup, then place it in the oven at 300 degrees for one hour. Within twenty minutes the whole house smells like Heaven (via lifehacker). 13. This is how you clean vintage paintings: Seriously. Click here for the full instructions. 14. Use a sock to clean blinds: Full instructions here.15. Lemonade Kool-Aid = dishwasher cleaner: One packet will remove lime deposits and iron stains (via Real Simple).
16. Clean your dryer vents:Dryers are one of the leading causes of house fires. Clean them every six months! Click here for instructions.
Read more from diply: