If you haven’t been cleaning your oven like this, then You’ve Been Cleaning Your Oven The Wrong Way Your Entire Life and Will be absolutely shocked by how effective this Newsner method is.
Here’s what you need:
- Spray bottle
- Baking soda
- A rag
- A small bowl
And here’s what you do:
- First, remove the oven racks.
- Mix a couple of spoonfuls of baking soda with some water in the bowl. Create a paste that will be easily spread on oven surfaces.
- Spread the paste on the inside of the oven (baking soda will turn brown). Let it sit overnight (at least 12 hours).
- The next day, take a wet rag and wipe out as much of the baking soda paste as you can.
- Put some vinegar in a spray bottle and spritz on surfaces where you still see baking soda residue. Then wipe with a wet rag.
- Put the racks back in the oven and turn the oven onto a very low temperature for 15-20 minutes to let dry.
To clean the oven window:
- Make another paste out of baking soda and water.
- Apply the paste directly to the window and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Use a clean rag to wipe the window clean.